Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Yesteryear...

The past one year has brought about a lot of change in my life..I was a mere amatuer wondering about a lot of things in life and now i'm a professional-with atleast some insights into my future..

Infact i've lived in 3 different cities in the past one year-in Bangalore, Mysore and now in Pune-4 months apiece! Living in southern part of India was totally new experience for me; meeting people who didnt knew my language and communicating with them was a nice thing to learn.

Life in Bangalore was kool...i loved the weather and the city was quite peaceful. Brigade road was awesome-felt like being in the metropolitan city in some western country everytime i went there. Life was good but was a little worried about my CAT exams but then the unexpected happened and i landed up being in Infy and was on my way to Mysore-The city of palaces!

Mysore was a more culturally diverse environment as i lived with people from nearly all parts of india and i gained a lot from my experience there..For the first time i saw how people coming from different geographical backgrounds think in different ways..and then it was my time to come to Pune as i got posted here after my training...

On a more personal front i feel a bit sad as now many of my friends have gone to US or Australia for further studies and it feels like myself being alone when i get back home in surat..Feels like a Hole in my Soul...But then again thats how life is...people come in your life and then your ways part and you head alone towards the unknown path which your destiny has shaped for you...

Pune is a kool, young and beautiful city and feels good being here...Its been 4 months that i've been here and its fun being a puneite! Lets see where i land up next year at this time....may be the IIMs are calling me! :)

14 comments:

Mumbai Guy said...

Parting with old, making new friends, that you have to start getting into habbit. Much different than the traditional ways world lived up until now. Good thing is with growing modes of communication, world is becomming smaller.

And yes, meeting different people from different parts of country is an experience. Wait'll you land up abroad. Diversity unlimited :)

Keshi said...

Thats alot of city-hopping...nice :)

**On a more personal front i feel a bit sad as now many of my friends have gone to US or Australia for further studies and it feels like myself being alone when i get back home in surat..

Why dun u come over too...Im from Aus hehehe.


Keshi.

Ekta said...

hey..its nice that u gotta live in 3 cities in one yr..its always a nice experience to live in different places and experience living with different people!
and have been in bangalore for 3 yrs and simply love the place!..miss it a lot!

Mayur said...

Hey thnx Mumbai guy for da wishes!! Tht will definitely be the most diverse experience tht i could imagine..

Keshi i'll definitely like to visit ur place...and i'm preety impressed by the attitude of the aussies-be it sports or anything-the aussie trait is something worth to emulate...

Ekta...yes b'lore is a place to miss...awesome city...Last weekend i revisited the place and it was a wonderful experience...I'm also in luv wid da "city of gardens"!! :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey !

thanx for stopping by !

still with Infy huh ?

karmic said...

Nice post. Never been to the South. It's a different world from what I hear.
Pune is nice as someone who used to be from B'bay I gotta say the place is a good change of pace.

Later..

Mayur said...

Deepa...Yep i'm still with Infy and its fun to be here :)

Jay...pune is developing very fast...infact it is going to house Asia's largest Biotect and Infotect park (at Hinjewadi which already is swarming with many corporates coming there including my own company)

tulipspeaks said...

thanks for dropping by tulipspeaks.

3 cities in a year! u r going places! :)

have fun.


=ammu=

Keshi said...

Aussie spirit dazzles alrite :)

tnxxx!
Keshi.

Jewel Rays said...

hello..

now i'm a professional-with atleast some insights into my future..

Good thinking.

Hey thanks for dropping by ma blod and i enjoyed reading ya article.

Cheers!

Rajesh &Shankari said...

1st time here, I lived in pune for a couple of years, loved the camp area, there is an Iranian chai shop and an awesome place to buy biriyani, dont miss it. Enjoy moving from city to city now..It is the best time of your life to meet different kinds of people

Mayur said...

Hey Meg thts so sweet of you! :) ..and ur idea sounds gr8!Hope Keshi is reading this!

Thanks Ammu & "Jewel Rays" for ur views..

Shankari i'll definitely visit the Iranian chai shop-will let u know about my biryani experience there :)

Keshi said...

High Five Megzz! What a treat it'll be for me...both u and Mayur hanging ard with me :) wow!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Thanks for dropping by my blog!

you do have a nice blog up here,Life is all about making way for New things..I visited Pune sometime back,seems almost like Bangalore of yesteryears .Just watch out for Time,which sets the wheels in motion ..never know where it's going to take you..:)