Saturday, March 14, 2009

Skydiving!

Gravity Rocks! I knew that it was important to our existence but never knew that it can be this much fun untill I jumped off that plane-13,000 feet from the ground!


That moment was amazing! I was stunned by the open door view of the beautiful californian terrain from such a height; while the cool gush of wind was already pumping my adrenaline! And then I took the jump! It was nothing like I'd done till then..My vocabulary is insuffient to describe the feeling of that free fall that continued for almost 5000 feet until my parachute opened only to hurl me back further up in the open sky! It was awesome! I guess it barely took 19 seconds for me to shorten the distance from the ground to 8000 feet by this free fall! Felt like a bird flying in the sky!

After the parachute opened, Simon-my instructor-gave me the controls of the parachute for a while and I can say that I can now atleast navigate that thing on my own..As you can see in the pic, the view below was amazing and we came down slowly and landed to end my shortest but the most exciting journey through the sky so far! 

I'm already planning for the next adventure-suggestions for that are most welcome!
TIA! :)

3 comments:

Mumbai Guy said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. What I have not done in past 11 years of my stay in US you have done in 11 weeks? I havent done it - call me weak hearted - but I think Skydiving is amazing. Some day, I wanna do it. Dunno when :-)

Next adventure - Go snow ski-ing. I know, I know it is not as adventerous as ski-diving but if you have not done it yet, go for it. Or water ski-ing!! They are all fun and they last lot more than ski-diving.

Mayur said...

Thanks buddy!

I'll surely try both skiing and Jet skiing..Also wanna try the bungee jump!

Lets see when do I get to do these! :)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!