Sunday, November 30, 2008

Alms for peace

It was 7 years back..the twilight dusk was settling down and distant sun was diminishing fast on the horizon..I was having my evening cup of tea at my hometown in India when I witnessed one of the most devastating event in the history of mankind unfold live on my television set..Although the holocaust was happening at the other corner of the world, there was a heartfelt feeling of grief and sorrow watching one of the world's most well-known landmarks go down like a pack of cards..It was 9/11, and I thought-or rather prayed-that I wont be seeing a terrorist incident like this in the future..

As fate would have it, barely one month after flying off from Mumbai to the US; here I was again sitting in front of my television watching the city of Mumbai being engulfed in terror and bloodshed..It was hard to believe and difficult to see what was happening at those places where I was roaming freely just a few weeks back..


There was a sense of anger and strong feeling of pain watching the plight of the places and people which hold so dear to me..Feeling of helplessness took over because I knew that the best I could do was just hope and pray-as I did 7 years back-nothing seems to have changed except the place and time..

Lets hope the world gets united against this evil of terrorism..Lets steer the world clean of all those people who brainwash the minds of innocent youth to make them join the forces formed to destroy the peace and integrity in the world for their baseless, self-centerd and norrow-minded objectives..Lets hope we never ever have to see such a carnage again-anywhere in the world..Let the world stay in peace..Let the brotherhood prevail..

Amen!

1 comment:

Mumbai Guy said...

This was indeed one of most horrific terror attack in India. I blame this squarely on our greedy politicians who have utter disregard for safety and well being of our country.